One of the biggest things is managing your brand.
Arguably bigger is managing your employees effectively.
How do you get more than 1 hour of productive work out of your employees each day?
The national average is 1 hour productivity per 8 hour shift.
A few things which help you better manage your employees and brand are:
1. hire people who fit your culture not just slick talkers or fancy resume pushers
2. consumer research is vital — tailor your products based on what this research reveals
3. accountability — a directly responsible individual for each task
4. execution trumps ideas
5. recognition — never underestimate the power of recognizing your talented people and giving awards for major accomplishments
Here’s more from entrepreneur: http://www.entrepreneur.com/blog/222853
From Taking People With You: The Only Way to Make BIG Things Happen by David Novak, chairman and CEO of Yum! Brands, which owns KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut:
* Create a recognition culture. Novak was once horrified to find a 30-year company executive who only heard how great people thought his contributions were a few weeks before his retirement. Now, Yum! managers all over the world give out unique recognition awards, from miniature Taj Mahal statues to rubber chickens.
* To lead people and achieve big goals, ask three questions: What’s the single biggest thing you can imagine that will grow your business or change your life? Who do you need to affect, influence or take with you to be successful? What prescriptions, habits or beliefs of this target audience do you need to build, change or reinforce to reach your goal?
How would you describe your management style? Are you giving out recognition regularly? Do you get bogged down in paralysis of analysis?
Leave your comments below because I promise to respond to them.